Looking for something to do with the kids during the school holidays? Try visiting one of these gems. 1. UShaka Marine...
What to do and see in Durban
There’s nothing better than spending a day relaxing outdoors with family and friends. These five great picnic spots in Durban...
From bike riding along the Golden Mile to building leg muscle while ice-skating, you can burn calories while exploring your...
Travelling alone can be exciting and intimidating at the same time. You will likely spend most of your time alone...
Discover hidden gems while exploring some of Kwa-Zulu Natal’s best road trips. The holiday season is here – the perfect...
If you are one of those people who enjoys doing things that get your heart pumping fast and your hair...
Digital apps have made travelling so much easier. It’s easier than ever to access live maps, information about attractions and...
Picture perfect! These are some of the most “instagrammable” places in Durban. One of the best things about travelling is...
Do you wish to keep your small ones entertained this holiday, but have nothing planned? Kwa-Zulu Natal has amazing fun...
So much to do and experience in Durban.
Durban Easter Specials
Explore Durban in a different way
We know how difficult it is to leave your "home away from home". So book a room and enjoy magnificent views of the Indian Ocean, individually decorated Sea Facing Suites offer the space and comfort of a luxurious bedroom with a stylishly decorated separate lounge area.
It’s been a mad rush since the beginning of the year, and the weekends seem to fly by… but you can make summer last a little longer with a SunBreaks vacay! You can enjoy affordable family fun by booking a minimum 3-night stay in Durban or Cape Town.
aha Gateway Hotel’s 146 rooms comprise of 104 Standard Rooms - twin beds and shower, 2 Paraplegic Rooms - within Superior Room allocation, 12 Sets of Inter-leading rooms - within Superior Room allocation, 3 Junior Suites and 37 Superior Rooms - double bed, shower and bath, balcony (except 3) and minibar fridge.
Most popular experiences
Explore a different way to travel
New Ricksha Routes
- Umkhumbane– The history of Umkhumbane – Highlight of the Cator Manor Area to include adjacent townships and township dining style shisanyama, ethnics group residing in the townships etc.
- Westville– Bergtheil Museum – History of Westville – community, Malls, Giba Gorge-, Marianhill monastery and Nature reserves.
- Clermont –Zazi Road history – Zazi Building- local traders – Eateries, Pubs and industries. Full highlight of Clermont Township to include; Art House, Hostel, Mambazo House, Archie Gumede, Sugar Ray Stadium – 2010 Legacy.
- Kloof drive through– Highlight of activities within Kloof to includes Cho-cho Train, Makaranga, Amazulu, Krantzkloof Nature Reserve, etc.
- Hillcrest – Bothas HillHighlight; Urban Shisanyama’s, Oxford Village experiences, Upmarket Restaurants and Hillcrest Aids Centre, Animal Farm Yard, 1000 Hills Art and Craft Village, PheZulu Safari Park, Zulu Villages and Scenic Views. Highlight of Shongweni Famers Market, Polo events etc.
- Mpumalanga Township – history of Mpumalanga Township, new developments, Township lifestyle. Ends.
- Green corridor– nature conservation, adventure, trail walks, Umngeni river bird park, Beachwood Mangroves: national monument containing 3 rare mangroves.
- Virginia Airport– home to all Durban air shows, this is also home to a flight school.
- Gateway Shopping Mall: Ultimate retail and entertainment destination. The second biggest shopping Mall in Africa with over 390+- stores, 70 eateries and a host of exciting entertainment .Gateway is also one of the top 50 largest malls in the world.
- KZN Sharks board:One of its kind in the world, specializing in bather protection from sharks as well as in Shark biology research.
Curio and tea shop
This is the pickup point at uMhlanga. Allow some 30 mins for the guests on board the bus to refresh and those picked up to pay and board.
- Chartwell drive: Eateries, Tourism Information office.
- Drive past, Mindgame escape premises: Rated no1 on trip advisor for things to do in uMhlanga. Unleash your inner detective, solving puzzles, gathering clues, combining info and enjoying the adventure. Mindgame is Durban’s premier escape room.
- Umhlanga Lagoon nature reserve:activities range from birding, picnicking, trail running, and self/guided walks.
Umhlanga Pearls – Beverley Hills and Oyster Box Hotels
- Light house the most recognisable landmark for Durban
- Whalebone pier:Crowned by CNN as the most beautiful pier in the world- taking the shape of a whale bone skeleton structure; also serving as an extension of an underground culvert that helps disperse excess storm water into sea.
15 mins stop
Get off the bus for pictures and a walk along the promenade
- Cornubia Mall: to be a refreshment stop, visit Igagasi FM studios.
- Drive through Phoenix will provide an insight into townships living standards.
- Cornubia integrated human settlements.
Inanda Heritage Trail
Drive through to the Inanda seminary. At Ohlange local crafters will get a chance to promote and sell their products to visitors. Then from there go to KwaMashu:drive thru Ntuzuma, passing Pixley kaSeme’s home, and Inanda Seminary.KwaMashu Highlights: Mbelebeleni, Hostel, Uzalo studios, K-Cap: last stop – performing art, comedy dancers.
- Wilsons and Maydon Wharf highlights – Bat Centre, Maritime Museum, Boat Cruises, Sugar terminal.
- Bluff – Highlights South African Defence Force, Anstey’s beach, lighthouse, Bluff Eco Park, Merewent Ocean viewing spot.
- Umlazi – Highlights includes Glebe hostel, Umlazi Mega City, Mxenge statues, Ezimbuzini Muthi Market, Umlazi Magistrate Court, KwaMdladla Church, Mangosuthu University of Technology, Kwamnyandu shopping mall. King Zwelithini Stadium, Former Executive Hotel, Mxenge House, Eyadini, Max’s Lifestyle.
- Sapphire Coast– Highlights includes – Golf Course, Andrew Zondo Road, Galleria Mall, Hatchison Park, Ilanda wilds, Doonside Mall for refreshments.
- Umgababa Beach– history.
- Umkomaas– Aliwal Shaol International dive centre.
- North Beach to City Hall, Medwood Gardens, and Old Court House) Frances farewell square – ICC (ICC, and the Prison Wall)
- KwaMuhle Museum (KwaMuhle Museum, Gugu Dlamini Park), (Guide and Guests to walk across from KwaMuhle to Gugu Dlamini Park and Workshop)
- Tourist Junction (Tourist Junction, Virgin Active, and Post Office)
- 1860 Heritage Museum – Botanical Gardens
- Victoria Street Market – Gandhi Memorial Park ends.
2019 marks the 40th anniversary of the iconic Durban International Film Festival (DIFF), South Africa’s longest running film fest, and the...
Durban is best known for its golden shores and laidback beach vibe. Durban also lays claim to a unique cultural standing...
With New Year on the horizon, massive fireworks and laser display are set to lit up the skyline of Durban...
The Mayor of eThekwini Municipality, Cllr Zandile Gumede, will host 300 young girls in a three-day camp, focusing on young women...
Sunny skies, long hot summer days and short nights accompanied by fun filled beach activities, musical concerts and exciting night...
With an African choir delivering a soaring medley of British pop songs and a flash-mob featuring icons of KwaZulu-Natal and...
Subscribe to our mailing list
Durban Community Tourism Organisations